These macadamia nut cookie bars are our tackle a traditional blondie recipe. Blondies have extra enjoyable, proper?
Blondie bars are much like brownies, however as an alternative of cocoa they function vanilla and, normally, brown sugar. We needed ours to be a Primal, paleo, and keto-friendly dessert recipe, so these bars get their signature taste from monk fruit sweetener and one thing cool and sudden: macadamia nut butter!
Macadamia nuts are a very good supply of monounsaturated fat, and a quarter-cup of macadamias supplies 77 p.c of your each day manganese requirement and 28 p.c of your copper. And don’t even get us began on their creamy texture, which makes these blondie cookie bars all of the extra decadent.
Macadamia Nut Cookie Bar Recipe
Makes: 9 bars
Time within the kitchen: 10 – quarter-hour prep time + 25 minutes to bake
- 1/4 cup Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece nut butter
- 3 Tbsp. softened refined coconut oil (see Notes)
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. milk of alternative
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. floor chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- About 4 drops liquid monk fruit or stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup keto-friendly darkish chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (see Notes)
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup milk of alternative
2 scoops Primal Kitchen Matcha Collagen Keto Latte
Preheat your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit (175 levels Celsius). Grease a small sq. baking dish (ours was 7-inch x 7-inch).
In a bowl, combine collectively the macadamia nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and milk. Add the almond flour, granulated sweetener, floor chia seeds, coconut flour, and salt. Mix till a crumbly combination kinds. Add the liquid sweetener to style.
Whisk the eggs and add them to the bowl. Combine till a thick batter kinds.
Fold within the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. If the nuts are giant, you possibly can roughly chop them earlier than including them to the combination.
Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and unfold utilizing a spatula so it’s uniform in thickness. Prime with further chocolate and nuts if desired.
Bake for 25 to twenty-eight minutes, or till the perimeters are barely golden. Enable the bars to chill earlier than slicing into 9 bars.
Serve with a matcha latte! To make, heat your milk in a small saucepan. Add the Primal Kitchen Matcha Collagen Keto Latte combine and whisk to mix or use a frothing wand.
Dietary Info (1/9 of blondie recipe):
Fats: 28 g
Whole Carbs: 20 g
Web Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 8 g
- These bars are even higher as soon as they’re refrigerated. For a gooier, softer bar, bake for barely much less time.
- You’ll be able to add extra or fewer drops of liquid sweetener relying on how candy you’d just like the bars to be.
- Be at liberty to make use of your favourite chocolate chips or chopped-up chocolate bar. We used keto-friendly chocolate chips, however 85 or 90 p.c darkish chocolate works nicely too.
- This recipe has solely been examined with Brad’s macadamia nut butter, however in lieu of it, you would strive utilizing half nut butter and half coconut butter. The consistency of the bar could differ barely.
- We used refined coconut oil, however you may also use virgin coconut oil in the event you’d desire a stronger coconut taste.